TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

June 26, 2024, 01:32:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,280
  • Total Topics: 21,227
  • Online today: 203
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 182
  • Total: 182

Links in Menu manager

Started by domp, October 25, 2005, 01:54:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

domp

When you create a link with the menumanager it takes u to the linked page ( try the links here at the left under content)  I want my links to be opened in a new window. Fiddled a bit with targetblank but cant get it to work..

Any idea how to fix that ?

Tia

IchBin

target="_blank" should work domp. If not, you post the code please?

bloc

The menu manager "links" doesn't open in a new window. I will see if the option can be added.

domp

IchBin

My bad, I was thinking that you made your own menu.... :o

Maya

While we are on the subject...I have a question regarding the links in the menu manager...

I have two test sites with tp, and one open for public...

I like the new window trick...( cool, cause it doesn't replace the window my site in, hope that makes sense) but to take it a step further...

Is it possible to call up say.. 'the forum' or another page from one of my other sites into the center block of another?

(I hope this isn't something just I missed reading..)

bloc

Through a iframe you can do it. Of course the iframe will decide how much you will see, but the width of an iframe can be 100% - so it expands with the block its in. Height need to be set fixed size though.

Maya

Good enough.. I can work with that, but would it be more benficial to run it just out of a script block instead of the menu manager...and keep that for what is just in the main site...

gerrymo

What I have done, was to remove the Content block and write my own using html and creating a new block that sends visitors to where I want them to go (same window, new window or popup). It works well and can easily be made to look like the normal "Content" block.

Maya

That might be an easier idea..

I will have to play around with both ( i frames and html) and see what I can come up with....the trickiest part still.... will be to call up just the forum from the other site and get it to show in my main sites window....

;) here goes...