TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

June 26, 2024, 01:45:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,280
  • Total Topics: 21,227
  • Online today: 203
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 211
  • Total: 211

Links in Menu manager

Started by domp, October 25, 2005, 01:54:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bloc

Having a whole forum actually show (and work) in the midst of another(or portal) might prove hard...thats why I suggested a iframe.

Or didn't you want to show the whole forum..just some parts of it?

Maya

It is the whole forum I am looking at.

gerrymo

An iFrame will work in a center block OK. Use the code below in an html block. Simply change the height to suit and/or change it to scroll or not.

<iframe src="http://yourdomain/forum/index.php" height="1000" width="100%" Scrolling="yes"></iframe>

[Change this "http://yourdomain/forum/index.php" to the page you want to display]

Maya

:coolsmiley: Thanks guys.. that was pretty quick... (btw- u all have to be mindreaders too...lol I was just sitting down with a fresh coffee and about to start working on this...)

Thanks again :) 

gerrymo

You may very well get a right scrollbar in the block depending on the height (it is in pixels BTW) and scrollbar settings. It is trial and error to get it to look the way you want. Personally I'd leave the width setting at 100%

Maya

I like the 100% myself... got it in and its showing up...now just messing with the url...I am just getting the forbidden error... :o rofl..

gerrymo

Have you got a link to the page with the error? (I mean the whole page that displays the iFrame within it?).

Maya

I was just playing with it and managed to get a forum to show up...wholly scrolly...lol when I took the scroll off I got about 3/4 of the one forum, but it would open the window to 100%

this is my site for testing stuff out...

*Note - I took this link down... cause I blew it up real good  ;D :idiot2: np.. will put it back after I reload... ;)

Maya

PS I wonder if it would be worth a try to try to work with it as an article or submission, instead of having it up on every page...then just run a link through the menu manager...???

houston

Maya I had a look at your site. Looks Great. I'm up in the Shuswap, Salmon Arm Area  building a smf forum with TP. How did you get the local weather to show up in a block.

Thanks