TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

June 26, 2024, 01:48:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,280
  • Total Topics: 21,227
  • Online today: 203
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 217
  • Total: 217

translations with the TinyPortal package?

Started by Lesmond, October 26, 2005, 12:44:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bloc

I am considering putting all translations into the package..with an "credits" page in TPadmin as well for translations (giving it a bit of more "official" status ;) )...but not entirely sure.

What do you think?

Mavn

Good news, but if I am updating translation how quickly you can chage in the package? And how people do know what version translation in this pack? I am see This three files in TP not full translation portal some words in another places.
Example, name blocks User, Content and another where I can chage this? If users install TP how they can chage default language in first step instalation? It's impossible! Maybe Iam wrong..
Sorry If my english isn't good.

bloc

If you update here on this site people will not get them automatically, no.

The release I make will have language files that may or may not be fully translated. But they will contain all strings needed, either translated or not.

"content", "user" etc. is default values..but you change them when you create/modify blocks. They are not language dependant.

TP use the same language as SMF. If russian is installed in SMF, TP will use the same - thats why I am proposing this: users won't have to download the correct lang files, becuase they are already copied in during the install/upgrade of TP. And when TP updates, I will have made sure the latest versions of lang files are included, so you can just install and be sure you ahve the latest - most current at the time of the release. Coming here (thats what the credit page also will help with) will give them the chance to update any in-between changes to lang files.

But it may also be just as well to keep them here, and use it the same way as now.

Mavn

ok. It's realy good idea ;). Maybe in credits page you can set a links where people can downloand new translation??

bloc

mastroale

If Bloc need help for italian translation, I'm here!
Ale