TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

June 26, 2024, 01:31:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,280
  • Total Topics: 21,227
  • Online today: 203
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 173
  • Total: 173

Packages

Started by Skhilled, October 26, 2005, 01:16:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skhilled

Are there any known packages that do not work well with TP 0.75? I have not installed anything else as of yet...

IchBin

packages = mods? The only thing with mods is that you need to install them manually into any theme but the default theme if you want them to work. I'm not aware of any mods that don't work with TP. I think Bloc also has made Helios automatically detect a few mods so that it will work with them seemlessly.

Skhilled

Thanks. I like creating my own themes. So, would it be better to add TP, then mods and then create a new theme based on the default? I'm assuming that the new theme would then inherit the 'traits' of the default one. What I mean is will it incorporate the added mods into it automatically?

borgBOB

Quote from: Skhilled on October 26, 2005, 09:33:39 PM
Thanks. I like creating my own themes. So, would it be better to add TP, then mods and then create a new theme based on the default? I'm assuming that the new theme would then inherit the 'traits' of the default one. What I mean is will it incorporate the added mods into it automatically?

But the real default theme will be replaced during future updates to SMF, so your mods will no longer function after an update/upgrade by SMF.

IchBin

I would be a good idea to make a copy of the default then. :)

Skhilled

Thanks! I do keep a copy of the default on my hd since I like to mod the buttons. :)