TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

June 26, 2024, 01:51:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,280
  • Total Topics: 21,227
  • Online today: 203
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 215
  • Total: 215

Detailed Install Guide?

Started by Bill.Ramby, October 30, 2005, 01:52:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill.Ramby

Ok, I might be being a little dim here, I admit it. I'm looking for a dtailed install guide and am not seeing it. Could someone please point me in the right direction?

borgBOB

Try this thread made by bloc for a manual install.
http://www.tinyportal.net/smf/index.php?topic=927.0

Or, download the installation .zip or .tar to your harddrive, and then through SMF's package manager, in the admin functions, upload and install the TP as a mod.

Warning!!!!

If SMF package manager gives you any failures, you will have to do a manual install.

Also read this thread:

http://www.tinyportal.net/smf/index.php?topic=679.0

Bill.Ramby

Bill.Ramby

Actually I tried installing it via the package manager. The front page was just a single post from each catagory.

borgBOB

This should be configurable in TPADMIN, lots of options there.

Bill.Ramby

Again I might be being dim, but I saw no option for TPAdmin in my admin panel. I'm going to give it another shot. Maybe I missed something.

Bill.Ramby

Ok, I got to tpadmin b manually typing in action=tpadmin. I got all sorts of broken image link icons and invalid paths. Goign to have to study this one a bit.

borgBOB

Quote from: Bill.Ramby on October 30, 2005, 02:37:54 AM
Ok, I got to tpadmin b manually typing in action=tpadmin. I got all sorts of broken image link icons and invalid paths. Goign to have to study this one a bit.

Bill,

Can you provide a link to your site?  I would try the manual install methods.  FTP all files to your server, modify the index.template, index, and other files listed in the tinyportal074.mod file (or the appropriate file) included in the TinyPortal0_74.tar.gz you downloaded from this site.

And we hope you are using a test site. ;)

borgBOB

Quote from: Bill.Ramby on October 30, 2005, 02:31:14 AM
Again I might be being dim, but I saw no option for TPAdmin in my admin panel. I'm going to give it another shot. Maybe I missed something.

TP ADMIN button should be right next to the ADMIN botton on the main nav. bar. (next to the HOME,FORUM,HELP,SEARCH)ÂÃ,  Not in the ADMIN section. SEE my SIG below ;)

IchBin

Perhaps you're not using a TP theme Bill?