TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

June 26, 2024, 01:49:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,280
  • Total Topics: 21,227
  • Online today: 203
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 218
  • Total: 218

Submitting Articles

Started by bloodytv, October 31, 2005, 03:53:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bloodytv

I just installed TinyPortal, looks great, runs great, no serious errors, everything is great.    I just got this one little thing; I have it set where some people can submit ariticles, but eh... how do they actually do it?  I can't find it anywhere where people go to submit articles.  How can I make that work?  Thanks in advanced. :)

bloc

its actually a link in the userblock..and its not shown to admins. :) So just set up the group and the members will see a link. Better this though..so those that cannot submit, won't try to do it anyway. ;)

bloodytv

Ah, that would be why I wasn't seeing it; the user block is disabled for users.  :2funny:  Followup question : is there anyway to make a button on the top menu that is visible to some membergroups but not to others, to make the link to submit an article more visible?

bloc

yes..if you use the check as the userblock does:

if(isset($context['TPortal']['can_submit_article']) && $context['TPortal']['can_submit_article']==1 && !$context['user']['is_admin'])
                       echo '<a href="', $scripturl, '?action=tpmod&sub=submitarticle">yourbutton</a>';

This will show a button for those that can submit..and not for others.

bloodytv

Yes!!  That did exactly what I wanted it to.  Thank you so much; has anyone ever told you that should be, if you aren't already, a God? :laugh:

One other tiny thing which doesn't relate much to this; I used your button generator to create the button, but the font doesn't seem to match.  Could you tell me what font and sized you perhaps used when making the 'Home' 'Forum' 'Search' 'Profile' buttons for the Helios theme?  I'd really appreciate it.  Thanks again.

IchBin

Did you see that you could select sephia and normal for font type? It's set at normal font for default. Try sephia and see if that is what you're looking for.

bloc

The Apollo has that..but I think he meant Helios ;) ....and sorry to say, the generator online acts a little different than my local on the Helios buttons. Difference between windows and linux i reckon.

The font is called axaxax.ttf and size about 7-8 points.

But I will post the button here if you like..what should it be called?