TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

June 26, 2024, 01:39:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,280
  • Total Topics: 21,227
  • Online today: 203
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 218
  • Total: 218

Reducing height of blocks

Started by houston, November 05, 2005, 05:44:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

houston

Hi There.

Well this is my first newbie ? of the day. Is it possible to reduce the height of the blocks. I would like to have everything as symmetrical as possible and would like the blocks on the left panel and the blocks on the right panel to be aligned as close as possible. Would this be possible in anyway?

Thanks

IchBin

That would seem to be quite a bit of work. Some Blocks are called from the TPortalBlocks.template.php file, and some are called just from the database (the ones you make as php type etc.).
I'm not the smartest PHP/HTML guy, but I think you would have to specify the height in TPortalBlock file, and then specify the height in your custom blocks.

bloc

A good deal of work yes. Blocks are by nature varying in height, so you would have to set up a table with set height of cells to accomplish this. Some cells will then have redundant space in them, and some will have a scrollbar because of the content.

houston

Quote from: IchBinÃ,â,,¢ on November 05, 2005, 05:57:16 PM
That would seem to be quite a bit of work. Some Blocks are called from the TPortalBlocks.template.php file, and some are called just from the database (the ones you make as php type etc.).
I'm not the smartest PHP/HTML guy, but I think you would have to specify the height in TPortalBlock file, and then specify the height in your custom blocks.

The one block that I have in mind is the theme picker block. It's hieght seems to be a bit higher than needed. I took a quick look in the TPortalBlocks.template.php file. Maybe I will go back to it and take a closer look. Thanks for you insight.