TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

June 26, 2024, 10:33:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,280
  • Total Topics: 21,227
  • Online today: 334
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 319
  • Total: 319

Bad install?

Started by mykal, January 28, 2008, 09:32:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mykal

Alright edited.  It was strange, only some of the code was in there.  Im not sure what happened.

Now the problem is I have double Left side boxes.  Take a look. http://dirtyrigs.wsnw.net

Im sorry for wasting your time with that.  Thanks for all your patience and help!

G6Cad

This is getting tiresome, really....

We have given you every detail you need to know. But you dont seem to follow up on anything we say.
3 pages of the same things we have posted so many times allready and also have in the docs.

Replace all the SMF files with new ones, and then make the edits to the files manually all over again. This time, take you time and make sure you do it correctly.

mykal

G6,

Thank you for your post.  I did follow up on everything except for your last post about the server settings.  (which I am actually in the process of creating a help ticket)  I did everything that was thrown out there.

Thanks for your time and your patience.  I will try once more and if I can not get it I will move onto another design.

I apologize for any inconvenience I may have caused you.  Again, thank you for all of the help.

IchBin

Looks like you got it mykal ? Looking at your site everything seems to be in order. Good job! The instructions are not hard to follow, but they are very detailed and must be done exact. Keep up the great work!

mykal

I thought everything was working.  Then I tried to install a theme.  It installs with no errors but doesnt show up.

I am using one for TP like I read.

I will read more before I post a new thread though.

Thanks for all the help.

IchBin

There are multiple types of themes. Some have two versions, one for SMF and a separate one from SMF+TP. The newer type themes have the TP code built in. You just have to check a box in the theme settings in your admin panel to turn it on. This type of theme works for both SMF and SMF+TP.

mykal

That helped alot!  Thanks!

I got the forum themed but the front page will not theme.  Im alot closer now though!  Thanks!

IchBin

Don't forget that articles can have a theme set to override the forum default theme. Hence the reason why our forum shows a different theme than your frontpage. Edit the article options to take off the theme over-ride if you need.

mykal

You are the man!  Thanks for all your patience and help.  Seriously.

G6Cad

You cought IchBin on a good day  ;D