TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

June 29, 2024, 05:08:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,282
  • Total Topics: 21,227
  • Online today: 59
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 65
  • Total: 65

Same three errors**not solved by a long shot**

Started by Jakki, May 13, 2008, 12:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jakki

Link to my site: http://www.4llparents.com
SMF version: SMF ver. 1.1.5
TP version: TP ver. 1.0.5
Theme name and version: pastel

Hopefully that covers what you need....

Since upgrading to TP v1.0.5 I'm getting the same three errors all the time.

8: Undefined index: tp-admin5
File: /home/c4allpar/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs.php
Line: 2791

8: Undefined index: tp-admin2
File: /home/c4allpar/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs.php
Line: 2788

2: strstr() [<a href='function.strstr'>function.strstr</a>]: Empty delimiter
File: /home/c4allpar/public_html/forum/tp-files/tp-modules/TPAdvShout/Sources/TPAdvShout.php
Line: 3639

Other then those errors the beta runs great, love it.
Any help would be appreciated..

G6Cad

Please read and follow the posting guide we have for support, it helps us help you a lot faster when we have the basic info according to the guide.

Jakki

Ok I've answered the ***basic info guide***

G6Cad

What other mods do you have installed besides TP.
And do you have the same errors when you use the Default Core theme ?
Set your forum to use all defaults ( install defaults, Core theme, and English language ) and clear your error log.
Then browse to diffrent pages and check the error log every time you have changed a page and see where the errors turn up.

Jakki

I've already done that, even when I clear the error page they show up and they show up all over the forum. I've set it to the default and still get them, I've uninstalled all mods also and still get them...btw I've already tried a search it doesn't show me anything about the errors.  I don't think it has to do with mods I understand it has something the sub.php and the advshout box, I'm just not sure what to fix.
1.      TinyPortal      1.052      
2.    SMF Radio    1.1    
3.    E-Arcade    2.5.0    
4.    SMF Gallery Lite    1.8.3    
5.    SMF 1.0.13 / 1.1.5 / 2.0 b3.1 Update    1.0    
Plus I have wordpress but not install on site, it is separate.

Jakki

Okay just for giggles, I went in and tried all three default themes, you know. Default core, babylon, and YYB they ALL give me the same errors, when in admin mode, forum mode, home mode...I've uninstalled the mods also and yes I still get the same errors.  I'm going to fix it my way soon :knuppel2: haha.. Yes I've re-ran a search on here nothing...I've even ran a search on google-nothing.

G6Cad

What you can do ( some work, but atleast you will have all frech files ) is to download the SMF 1.1.4 or 5 what ever version you have as base. and extract the package on your local machine.

Set your forum to use all defaults ( Default Core theme, and English language ) and set the forum in maintenance mode

Then remove the settings.php and settings_bak.php from the files you just extracted.
Then open your FTP software and upload and OVERWRITE all the files you have, make sure they DO get overwritten.

When all the files are replaced, download the TP package and install it through the package manager. When you have that installed, go to your admin, clear the error log, browse around everywhere you can think of and check the error log every time so you see if and where you get errors from.

SKeep your forum to Default Core at all times. And DONT install any other mods.
When you have tested this, report back about your errors and then we go from there.

Jakki

I'll be back, I'm doing what you suggested now.

Jakki

Ok after doing what you suggested, I now get a huge amount of errors. I was just getting the ADVshout errors, but I turned that off and they are gone, but now more errors:

8: Undefined variable: bullet
File: /home/c4allpar/public_html/forum/Themes/default/Display.template.php (tp_above sub template - eval?)
Line: 516

File: /home/c4allpar/public_html/forum/Themes/default/MessageIndex.template.php (tp_above sub template - eval?)

File: /home/c4allpar/public_html/forum/Themes/default/BoardIndex.template.php (tp_above sub template - eval?)

These are the three that keep repeating.