TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

June 26, 2024, 10:16:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,280
  • Total Topics: 21,227
  • Online today: 334
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 322
  • Total: 322

Got TP error then site gone

Started by katers, May 14, 2008, 01:40:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

katers

In place of my site I was getting this error

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 101500 bytes) in /home/talkfau1/public_html/forum/Sources/TPortal.php on line 296

Now the site is gone.

Before the site vanished someone suggest the following..

Judging from the server response it looks like you have a bit too much going on and the server load is excessive. Id suggest perhaps trying to turn some things off and see what result you get.. wait, that isnt an option as you cant administer (unless you apt to edit the database). But from the look of things as they stand, according to your host they support SMF (Forum) but the tiny portal modifications and such that you have are too much of a memory/resource drain and the system is refusing to run them.

Not sure how to proceed.  I do not know a lot of technical terms, but I do know that I was using the latest version of TP and SMF.

IchBin

You proceed by asking your host why your server is not responding anymore.

katers

This has happened with two different hosts in two days so I don't think I can blame it on the hosts anymore.

Moved it to new host yesterday and got the site down and error.  They couldn't fix it so went back with previous host and now they are having the same problem.

IchBin

It doesn't meant he host is at fault, but it also doesn't mean that the host shouldn't be able to tell you why its failing. Disable all your blocks and custom codes  and see if it lets you back in. append this to your URL and see if it lets you back in. index.php?action=admin;noblocks

If it doesn't I'd setup a test install and start duplicating your site to see what is causing the error.

Smoky

i understand what happened, Twister, check your pm, and if you want to solve this, you will have to move again. the host you have now, from what Harsh told me, you dont have enough bandwidth? or space.. not sure which, he was in a hurry to work today. good luck..

also, make sure that the host that edits your files, has at least some knowledge of smf/tp  ;) and make sure that you keep backups of both files and databases on your pc where you can get to them..  :D

Dragooon

Its neither Bandwidth nor Space, it seems that the script is consuming more memory than allowed.

Smoky

maybe that was what harsh was talking about.. like i said, he was in a hurry.. either way, hope you get it fixed..  ;)

G6Cad

As Dragooon said, you have something that consumes the memory limit set on the server. Removing the blocks like IchBin said should open your forum again as it's probably some script block or rss block that take all the mem load from the other content.

katers

The site is viewable again, however there are some errors and several people have told me that they have posted only to go back to where they posted and it is gone. 

This is what someone suggested may be the problem...

It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 1.1.5, while your database is at version 1.1.4. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php

Dragooon

That actually is not a problem because there are no database changes between the 1.1.x series.