TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

June 25, 2024, 07:22:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,280
  • Total Topics: 21,227
  • Online today: 190
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 166
  • Total: 166

Which file contains the font color for articles?

Started by shane is my name, February 22, 2010, 11:56:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shane is my name

Would anyone know which file contains the font color for the text in Articles? Somehow when i view my articles, the text is a light blue and therefore looking like its almost transparent.   thanks.

- Ive searched through the css files changing atrributes etc trying to see which would cause a change, but no luck. 

JPDeni

shane is my name

Thanks you are exactly right.  I was searching harder than I had to i guess. I thought body tag would have applied to everything in the site, but since only the articles had a light blue text color, I just thought they had their own class somewhere.

Thanks so much! 
:)
:)

shane is my name

Hmmm well actually I have another related Question.  I was able to change the article text to black using the body tag, however the popups (when you click on a question mark) have a black background, and they apparantly use the body tag also for text color, so now there is black text over a blacl background (in popups).    sooooo,
I was wondering if anyone knew which file the article text is referenced in, so I can just add my own class SOLEY to the article text (so that I dont affect other things throughout the forum)?

thanks...

whoesa

For SMF 1, you could add something like this to specify the color in pop-ups:

.popuptext {
color: #fff;
}

JPDeni

shane, the easiest thing would be to set the color of the text in each article.

shane is my name

What, I feel so insane! and embarrassed. Hi JPDeni,  This is what happens when I only get 3 hours of sleep in 2 days.   I could have sworn I tried that, but I just did it again and it worked. 

I was just messing around trying to figure out how to use articles, and it kept coming up light blue by default...   and I of course took the difficult route and was searchihg for the class to change...   oh man, I guess i was just in too much of a hurry and way too sleepy to be trying to function!  lol

thanks JP, that was embarrassing. lol.  but hey it was my first article experiment!  lol yeah thats my excuse. lol  :)
:crazy2:

JPDeni

No need to be embarrassed. I think the first impulse of most folks is to go with the more complicated route to fix a problem, especially with only a little bit of sleep. Sometimes the simpler solutions only come after working with something for a while.

Glad I could help. :-)

shane is my name

oh man I am unorganized. lol.   I actually still need to find the file that references the article font colors...  I just realized its more than just the font color of the actual article I write, its also the other text such as (about the author,  ratings, etc)...

so although I can change the article text to 'black' while im creating an article,  it still leaves the other text in the article window so light and transparent looking...   hmmmm

IchBin

Color and style of font is always controlled from the CSS file. Did you look at the tp_style.css file? If you want to edit things like this, I'd highly suggest you download the firebug add-on for firefox and give it a whirl. It REALLY helps in finding exactly what CSS is associated to the different elements on a page.