TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

June 26, 2024, 04:33:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,281
  • Total Topics: 21,227
  • Online today: 334
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 249
  • Total: 249

Issues after SMF upgrade from 2.0.19 to 2.1.4 / TP 1 to TP 3 lots if index error

Started by GhostRider2110, June 17, 2024, 01:48:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

@rjen

You are right, the upgrade of SMF is not really in our scope. Just checking your earlier error messages and putting these in perspective: I believe these may very well have been related to custom blocks you had in your forum.

Once you get the upgrade done and TP v300 up and running I recommend you deactivate all the custom blocks and activate them one by one, checking the forum and error after each block activation... I think you will find the suspect blocks quite quickly then...
Running Latest TP on SMF2.1 at: www.fjr-club.nl

davo88

Yes, I think it best to repost this question in the SMF 2.1 support forum. Suggest you set out very clearly the exact steps you have followed prior to getting this error. Also include details of the database, PHP version and perhaps attach a PHP Info report.

GhostRider2110

Well, started over again.. 5th time's the charm?  LOL..   

Anyway, I'm back to the working 2.0.19 clean install with DB imported from the production site.  

usscalemasters.net upgrade test site.

The current production
U.S. Scale Masters

I can log in, members show up data is there.  So I'm about to take DB backup and tar up the forum files and run the 2.1.4 upgrade.  Seem the production site was in worse shape than I realized.  Even though the form said it was 2.0.19, the DB said 2.0.2 and the files, well they are all over the place.  So after I did the 2.0.19 scratch site, imported the DB ran the 2.0.19 upgrade and seemed to fix the DB.  I'll update status after the 2.1.4 and TP 3 upgrade and install if all goes well.

Thanks
Mitch
Mitchell Baker

davo88

Suggest to take your time after 2.1.4 upgrade and be sure everything is absolutely 100% before adding TP3.0 or any other mods. I found little problems in 2.1.4 can cause big upsets with mods, including TP.

GhostRider2110

Thanks, so far so good.  I got the cron.php I reported earlier once, but has not cropped up again since I ran repair_settings.php.  So not sure about. I'll do a good look around, do some test posts as different type users. Can you elaborate on what you ran across? 

If all looks good, what would you suggest with TP?

Install it, then copy the files that go in tp_download, tp_files and tm_images?  Or copy them over first, then install TP? and yes I am doing DB exports and tar of all the forum files between each step.

I know after TP is on, I am going to have to disable anything with block code and go about resetting all of those.  

Thanks again for all the help

Later
Mitch
Mitchell Baker

davo88

Quote from: GhostRider2110 on June 18, 2024, 03:04:02 AMdo some test posts as different type users.
Good idea. Logging in as different membergroups is really important. If you can get some other forum members to try things out too, it's even better. They will find stuff that you miss.

Quote from: GhostRider2110 on June 18, 2024, 03:04:02 AMCan you elaborate on what you ran across?
So many little things. But an example with TP. My forum uses an old set of smileys (phpBB, 2004) and takes a bit of fiddling to get them to display. I hadn't done that prior to my first install of TP and the display went a bit haywire. @rjen figured it out and put me on the right track. I mention that as an example of how a small, unexpected thing can cause major problems. So best not to think "I'll sort that out later.." but to get everything right at each step.
Also check all the attachments and avatars are working correctly. Check all the database tables are using utf8mb3_general_ci. See - https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?msg=4175715. Check the default database collation is also utf8mb3_general_ci. My database still had the old latin1_swedish as default (the 2.1.4 conversion changed all the tables but not the default). So when I installed a mod from vbgamer, it used the old default.

There were many, many such small hiccups and I probably have notes on them all, but a bit short of time this week to go through them. 

Quote from: GhostRider2110 on June 18, 2024, 03:04:02 AMIf all looks good, what would you suggest with TP?
Install it, then copy the files that go in tp_download, tp_files and tm_images?  Or copy them over first, then install TP?

Again @rjen put me on the right track here see - https://www.tinyportal.net/index.php?msg=304268

GhostRider2110

Thanks, no prob, I understand, I'm trying to get this done along with my normal real world work load. I'm a 30+ year Unix/Linux systems admin and currently support State of Indiana, Legislative Services Agency and the developers there.  That's kind of why the couple of forums I run are in such bad shape.  

I'll look over those threads. Once I get back into it, brushing back up on my php, Mysql and such things should be a little easier to troubleshoot.  

I do appreciate the help!!

Later
Mitch
Mitchell Baker

GhostRider2110

Well, made it to SMF 2.1.4 TP 3.
Attachments and Avatars caused a little problem, but thanks davo88 and @rjen. The info you posted helped me a great deal.

I cloned the working 2.1.4 to new site.  Imported DB and made sure all was still working properly with the cloned site.  All went well.

Installed TP 3.0  That went as expected.  I then copied the original files for tp-images, tp-download and tp-files.  That also seems to have gone well.  Cleaned up or got rid of some  old block code.  More errors stopped. 

EDIT:  I have figure out the error is logged when I click on any block within a panel. Left/right/top/bottom/etc.  Does not really seem to matter.  One of them is as simple as a ling to a html page. It does display but the same error is logged.

Currently have same two sets of errors popping up.

Type of error
General
Error message
2: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
File
/home/usscalem/domains/tp3.usscalemasters.net/public_html/forumsmf2/Themes/default/TPsubs.template.php(601) : eval()'d code
Line
URL of page causing the error
https://tp3.usscalemasters.net/forumsmf2/index.php?https://tp3.usscalemasters.net/forumsmf2/

Backtrace information
and

QuoteError
Type of error
Undefined_vars
Error message
2: Undefined array key "tpmodules"
File
/home/usscalem/domains/tp3.usscalemasters.net/public_html/forumsmf2/Themes/default/TPsubs.template.php(601) : eval()'d code
Line
URL of page causing the error
https://tp3.usscalemasters.net/forumsmf2/index.php?https://tp3.usscalemasters.net/forumsmf2/

Backtrace information

Any ideas?

Thanks
Mitch
Mitchell Baker

davo88

QuoteI cloned the working 2.1.4 to new site.  Imported DB and made sure all was still working properly with the cloned site.  All went well. 
So here you have a working, error free 2.1.4 only installation.

QuoteInstalled TP 3.0  That went as expected.  I then copied the original files for tp-images, tp-download and tp-files.  That also seems to have gone well. 
Then the TP installation process worked without errors.

QuoteCleaned up or got rid of some  old block code.  More errors stopped.
But you get errors when viewing the site. Have you tried disabling all panels and blocks and then methodically enabling them one by one?

@rjen

I am pretty sure that the errors you mentioned are caused by one or two (custom) blocks...
Running Latest TP on SMF2.1 at: www.fjr-club.nl