TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

September 28, 2024, 11:14:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,368
  • Total Topics: 21,241
  • Online today: 151
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 33
  • Total: 33

can anyone help / suggest anything for a classifieds section

Started by alecoddly, August 28, 2006, 09:45:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thurnok

Well, javascript is officially a pain in my butt.  hehe

Anyway, I guess I'm a bit rusty on it.  Why can't it be more like php?  :)

I have to figure out the best routine for setting the various groups checkboxes based on the array I have in php for them.  It's easy in php, I set the names up as the array[element] in each of the input tags, but javascript doesn't want to play ball for me to assign checks to them the way I set it up.  All the other checkboxes and editboxes work fine.  bah.

Ok, I'll figure it out eventually.. hehe

Thurnok

Well... well.. well...

I just wasted most of my day due to a BUG!!!!  in Javascript.  The for...in statement does not work properly under certain circumstances.  It apparently runs off into never never land when working with object elements, but not always!

hehe... well, so much for that...  :knuppel2:

Thurnok

Update:
Finished the Admin Config section (the easiest part).  Now that my javascript woes are behind me, I'll work on the rest this week as I get bits of time here and there.  Gotta go to work in the morning.. gah...

Maya

:)

While I have you here....how are things goin' Thurnok???  ^-^

This is another piece to my ever growing puzzle.... just thought I would maybe get an update... no pressure of course  :knuppel2:

:2funny: kdg  ;)

Thurnok

hehe.. haven't done any more work on this yet... it was gaming weekend, plus other development projects during most of last week.  Oh, and I did get off my rump and do a couple quick TP bug fixes today.. LOL

I will be working on it more this week however... will keep up the progress report ;)

Maya

:) Cool... a little here, a little there... it all adds up... :up:

Thurnok

Just an update, during the course of development, I've decided to seperate the Buyer maintenance functions from the Category maintenance functions.  I've updated the post where I listed the various pieces.

Currently, I'm 50% finished with the Buyer Maintenance block.  I've gone through a few different iterations of this, not liking the format on the first couple.

I've decided to make a multi-list box display current Buyers, and not simply fill it with every member of the forum for efficiency sake.  When someone wants to purchase an ad, they will be added to the Buyer table during the purchase request.

You will be able to "set" or "add to" the bank amount for one or more Buyers in a single submission.  In otherwords, selecting 10 different buyers, putting $20.00 in the Bank edit box, checking the "add to existing" checkbox, then submit will add $20.00 to the existing bank amount for each selected Buyer.  Without checking the "add to existing" checkbox, you will set those 10 buyers bank amount to $20.00 regardless of what they were before.

Current slow-up: Trying to find a good tri-state checkbox code somewhere.

RoarinRow

SMF 2.0 RC3
TP 1.0 beta 5-1
Wordpress 3.0

alecoddly

not sure i fully understand whats going on but i hope this will be able to be ported to any country or at least UK ;)