TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

June 26, 2024, 09:41:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,280
  • Total Topics: 21,227
  • Online today: 319
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 307
  • Total: 307

can anyone help / suggest anything for a classifieds section

Started by alecoddly, August 28, 2006, 09:45:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

akulion

ahouldnt be hard since all u will need to do is change the $ to pound symbol (dont have it on m pc sorry lol)

Thurnok

There will be no monetary symbol.  Just values.  You can tell your users what the monetary system is in the Block and/or on your site.

Example:

Bank (in USD):

or

Bank (in Euros):

etc.

alecoddly

cool cool, it was more the tri state reference you made that concerned me ;)

Nokonium

Quote from: Thurnok on September 24, 2006, 06:26:19 PM
There will be no monetary symbol. 

Couldn't that be done with a $txt[currency] = 'USD'; or similar?

Thurnok

Quote from: nokonium on September 24, 2006, 06:39:14 PM
Couldn't that be done with a $txt[currency] = 'USD'; or similar?

Yep, but I'm strictly speaking about the value box.  As far as labels, doesn't really matter.  The value box for amount of purchase, how much a user has in the bank, etc. will just be a number value for simplicity sake.

Quote from: alecoddly on September 24, 2006, 06:30:18 PM
cool cool, it was more the tri state reference you made that concerned me ;)
The tri-state checkboxes are for multiple selected users.  In other words, if you have 3 or 4 users currently selected that you want to update a setting for (like adding a certain amount to all of their banks), you don't necessarily want to change all of their settings.

Here's some samples.
First one: This shows a single user selected - bank amount, and checkboxes will be set to reflect current state for that user.
Second one: This one shows multiple users selected - bank amount initially will be blank, checkboxes will be initially set to mixed mode (mixed mode means - don't change).
Third one: With multiple selected, checked (and unchecked) boxes change for each selected, mixed mode doesn't change that setting for the selected.

Avinash

Sweet work! I was really looking forward to something like this :D. Any idea of a possible release date or beta?

Thurnok

Probably sometime in October.  Depends mostly on my workload with other things.

Avinash

Nice work, keep it up. This will definitely be a useful feature for us all.

Thurnok

Both the Admin Config and the User Config blocks are complete.  You can demo them at http://tpblocks.ccs-net.com in an Admin mode to see their operation.

Once I get all 5 peices done, I'll clean up the look-and-feel of them a bit.  I can only dedicate about 10% of my time towards it, so it will still be a couple weeks before complete.

More to come...

akulion