TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

June 28, 2024, 08:49:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,282
  • Total Topics: 21,227
  • Online today: 176
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 112
  • Total: 113
  • lurkalot

What do you think about this new thing

Started by Greenbug, September 27, 2006, 01:42:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rbh

conspiracy nuts. :idiot2: nobody is forcing anyone to implant a chip in thier arm, and if it played out as becoming mandatory then what is with the push to stop it now? if this was something that was to be forced upon the nation then the crusade to stop it would be regarded as laughable as you would have already lost all your liberties. we aren't talking about forcing someone to get a drivers liscense or an id card, you are talking about forcing people to inject something into thier bodies to which they have no say so at all. besides, this is no different then the fingerprint system or social security number, just uses more advanced technology is all.

personally i would rather technology advancements cease now and we go back to living in caves, but that won't happen. :) as long as we keep evolving people find more and more ways of cashing in on new advances and others try and fight it. i can remember similiar conspiracy theories about the internet, cell phones, credit cards, etc etc etc. when you get right down to it, is your existence or daily routines that important that government agencies have the need to record and store billions upon billions of pieces of imformation? if they feel the need i say let em have it. they won't know anymore about me then credit agencies, bankers, doctors, and so on. ;)

eeek

Quotecredit agencies, bankers, doctors, and so on

Except they will know it all!! and they own the secret CIA prisons and if/when they decide its time you had a holiday, they will track you with your mobile phone, a black helicopter will arrive, they will scan your chip to make sure its you and you'll never be seen again. 

Then when someone questions your disappearance they'll vanish too

G6Cad

Greenbug

Quote from: rbh on September 27, 2006, 03:59:17 AM
conspiracy nuts. :idiot2: nobody is forcing anyone to implant a chip in thier arm, and if it played out as becoming mandatory then what is with the push to stop it now? if this was something that was to be forced upon the nation then the crusade to stop it would be regarded as laughable as you would have already lost all your liberties. we aren't talking about forcing someone to get a drivers liscense or an id card, you are talking about forcing people to inject something into thier bodies to which they have no say so at all. besides, this is no different then the fingerprint system or social security number, just uses more advanced technology is all.

personally i would rather technology advancements cease now and we go back to living in caves, but that won't happen. :) as long as we keep evolving people find more and more ways of cashing in on new advances and others try and fight it. i can remember similiar conspiracy theories about the internet, cell phones, credit cards, etc etc etc. when you get right down to it, is your existence or daily routines that important that government agencies have the need to record and store billions upon billions of pieces of imformation? if they feel the need i say let em have it. they won't know anymore about me then credit agencies, bankers, doctors, and so on. ;)

I take it your not a big history buff?

The clip that was shown is real, the threat is real. So you would get one?

The post was posed to get an opinion and thank you for it.

IchBin

Greenbug, it's amazing to me what you spend your time on. For one thing, there is no way the US people would let the government do such a thing? So they would Force us? lmfao! Too many citizens with too many guns. There's no way the government could accomplish this, not too mention the civil war that would arise in such an occasion.

IchBin

Oh and also, just how long do you think it would take for someone to "hack" the so called implant so that it either doesn't work, or has false information. About 5 minutes......

rbh

would i get one? depends on what i would need one for. i could see it being useful for medical reasons like alzheimers patients, drug alergies, and other things. i wouldnt want to store credit card and bank info on it though. right now someone can go through your trash, or steal your wallet, hack website databases and other things to get that info but i sure as hell wouldn't want them to cut my arm off to get it. ;D

i can see your concerns about "big brother" but when i can go to google earth and zoom in on me mowing the lawn, i dont think there is much more that can be done to hide. ;D

Greenbug

Quote from: IchBin™ on September 27, 2006, 01:55:07 PM
Greenbug, it's amazing to me what you spend your time on. For one thing, there is no way the US people would let the government do such a thing? So they would Force us? lmfao! Too many citizens with too many guns. There's no way the government could accomplish this, not too mention the civil war that would arise in such an occasion.

Well I want to know whats going on in my country, beyond what the Big media is selling.
What I find most troubling is how divided we are a country. Its hard to ask or have a debate without it getting taken way out of context. I mean I ask this question and immediately I am considered a leftard conspiracy nut. Any real communication usually stops at this point.
I believe that Big Business has literally taken over Govt. This chip would support an easy way for commerce to identify people, under martial law the President can do anything together this could be easily abused. I am the one who has taken the time to research this and try an disprove it, and I can't. When I say something I am labeled a nut, hey I knew it was coming and I cant say I wouldn't do the same thing.

Politically, I usually vote republican. Holding core republican values in line with my value's. Smaller Govt, Less taxes, Christian Family values.
My research has found the opposite on all accounts in this administration.
The "war on terror" budget is the biggest one in history, on 15% actually goes towards the war. When I read books from the CATO institute. Where we are also spending 150 million for private corporations to advertise overseas, I am not happy. When I see 250 million of marriage counseling - wtf? Not happy. When I find that PNAC (Project for the New American Century) has big plans with my tax dollar and no one seems to care, I am not happy. This is the Neo Con agenda and they make it very clear there intentions. I have no problem with the idea they pose I do have a problem when my tax dollar has been dedicated to go out of this country for the next decade'/s to help people who don't want to be helped.

This is from the front page of the web site.
---------------------
The Project for the New American Century is a non-profit educational organization dedicated to a few fundamental propositions: that American leadership is good both for America and for the world; and that such leadership requires military strength, diplomatic energy and commitment to moral principle.
---------------------
I don't like what this implies, this is a never ending way to tax the American people for a generation or longer.

My intention of the post was to ask a question, to see what other people thought. I am glad we had this discussion. I hope it turns out I am just a nut, and likes to waste my time. I can live with that.

Cheers,
GB

If you can find a good book detailing our budget spending, please let me know I will gladly read it. Or anything that would help me see differently.
I haven't changed the channel from C-SPAN in three weeks.
I once was republican, but now I am leaning towards libertarian. I do want the separation of church and state. When I see republican re-election campaigners quoting Scripture from the Bible, I am not comfortable with this.

IchBin

What you need to realize Greenbug, is that nobody was calling you a nutt. He was referring to the video. I have heard about this stuff for about 20 years. Its been around so long now. It's no closer to being implemented publicly now then it was 20 years ago. I can see its use for things like prisoners etc. But for Medicinal or Public use, no way will it ever make it into my arm.