TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

July 07, 2024, 06:11:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,308
  • Total Topics: 21,230
  • Online today: 79
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 60
  • Total: 60

TP Article Bug?

Started by Mitchâ„¢, September 28, 2006, 09:20:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mitchâ„¢

I am not understanding how to use the the layout frontpage thing on TP!

G6Cad

Documantation, your own quriosity when playing arround in the diffrent settings to choose from is the best way to learn how to use TinyPortal

Mitchâ„¢

Ya I have been playing around with it actually I couldnt find any documentation I looked in there! But I am not understanding how TP decideds what gets the the frame/theme applied to article showing up on the frontpage cause on all of the articles I have the setting exactly the same but only one of them shows up the way I want it too.

Any ideas?

http://games-n-things.net/

Crip

Best way mitch is to play around with it.. {layouts vs post/articles}
I have become comfortably numb!

Cripzone | Crip's Free 2.0.2 Themes

Nokonium

I think this could be a TP bug. I've been fiddling with articles and categories on one of my test sites and I have just set the frontpage to articles and get similar. If I call the same articles from the menu block the title and frame are there.

Off to the bug tracker....

Added :)

G6Cad

Actually, i can confirm that, i have to save the article again (twise) for it to look the way i want, i think this have been reported before in Tp V.091 if i remember correct ???

Mitchâ„¢

Ok nokonium thanks now I dont feel so dumb! I was going to say I have all my settings on each article the exact same and yet only one of them comes up with the title and the frame! I have posted a screenshot below.

You mentioned the bug tracker I just went to go there to see what it was and it wouldnt work for me!

Mitchâ„¢

Ok oddly enough saving them twice did the trick for me. I guess I will just have to remember to do that till it gets fixed. I am glad nokonium posted or else i would been stuck here feeling retarded!

G6Cad

The bugtracker are only avaliable for the staff members, other wise it will get crowded with posts about "possible2 bugs, so it's better to read about issues here first and test it on our own sites or testsites and then confirm them as bugs or bogus, if it is a bug, we run like mice to the bugtracker and post them there :)

Nokonium